Friday, July 16, 2010

I love San Francisco!

I have been to SF for a few times but never fully enjoy it. Many thanks to my boss who finally send me here for a one-week-training so I can explore the city.

My hotel is on Stockton in Union square. It is one block away from Chinatown. I have been there for breakfast and dinner. My training ends at 6pm. Most of the stores in Chinatown closed around that time. It is kind of scary to walk on the dirty street with so many store closed. Somehow I still find a Northern style restaurant, and go to a beauty store for haircut. A Japanese noodle store has good ramen.

1. ZEY restaurant, 655 Jackson St, 415-981-8988
2. Barber Jason, 945 Stockton St, 415-699-4629
3.

I went to a Buddha temple (www.huazangsi.org, 3134 22st, 94110, ), and there is a temple right next to stockton st. They told me that there is the same temple in LA ( 660 Monterey rd, #100, 626-281-5728).

I went to the same ginseng store that my husband went to (850 Jackson st). It is a whole sale store. I hope to get some sea cucumber back.

I planned to go to Lombard st but it was so cold! I should have booked Alcatraz tour months ago.

SF remind me so much about Beijing: crowded city with many stores, buses everywhere. I love SF!