Monday, July 7, 2008

Days without daddy- week 1

July 7th, 2008

I send Weimin to the airport last night. Both kids went to bed after I came back. Huang, our nanny said that it isn't hard to get Arthur off from the TV except he kicked her twice.

Arthur didn't ask for his dad this morning, and he is kind of excited when I told him that the school will offer swim class starting from today. Today is the Crazy Hat day of the school. I don't know what does it mean so I took a big hat out for him. I am glad that Arthur choose the sun cap that he used to wear. The school teacher seems to be surprised when I told her that I brought a hat for this crazy hat day.

Benjamin enjoy the clean patio that I clearned up for him yesterday.

I took both of them to the pool. Benjamin kept balance until the last minute: he rolled over in the pool and I have to grab him out of the water. He didn't cry after it.

Both of them doing fine at night. Arthur enjoyed his Lagos train a lot. It has been put away for a few months.

July 8Th, 2008.

I am so tired this morning. Can't do any work. I called Weimin several times from my cell. Could not make the connection.

Arthur seems to love his new class now. He still likes to take a car with him even after I warned him that he may lose it since he is moving between the new class and old class. Benjamin was very happy this morning, went to the patio and came back all by himself. He is free now. Huang said that he took a book from upstairs and somehow brought it downstairs, (not throwing the book from upstairs). This is a big task for a 13 months old baby since he got to figure out how to get down on the stair backward, and carry the book at the same time.

I took both of them to swim again. Arthur scared his brother once for rolling him around in the water. They two get alone in the water most of the time. Benjamin manure himself very well which make me believe that he will be a good swimmer in the future.

Finally got touch with Weimin at dinner time. He is doing fine in Shanghai. One of our bachelor friend eventually got married. I am very glad to hear this news.

Arthur insisted to sleep on his dad's bed which is a single bed next to his bed with no protection. I was downstairs after he fall asleep and heard a big bump. He fall on the floor and was still sleeping.

July 9th, 2008 , wednesday
Both kids wake up at around 7 recently. I could drop Arthur off before 8am and take the bus at 8:10. I start working after 9 and leave at 4. Just 1 hour earlier than usual.

I took Arthur to a new class in My Gym. This class required parents to be with the kid on the floor since it targets at younger kid. Arthur enjoy it as usual. I kept on thinking of open such a place in China. I can have a series: one my Gym, one daycare center, one bookstore for kids, and one public library. I need a million to launch this project! I even got a name for it: Red Apple Center. I wish that Weimin's rich friend could give up his Rolex watch and start either one place from this project!

I have a complex board meeting and I took both kid to the meeting home. I just wanted to stop by but it turned out that we stayed for one hour in Amenia's home. She has a lot of food prepared and Arthur got alone very well with her two kids. Her six year old boy even put the shoes on for Arthur twice! Arthur just sat there and took it for granted that he should be taken care of by this little boy. Benjamin enjoyed eating a piece of bread on Amenia's lap very much.

Not much too say for the night. Both kids went to bed very well. Arthur was very tired today and he went to bed earlier.

July 10th, 2008 Thursday
I called Weimin after I got to work. A strange voice responded with a hello. In China, people usually pick up the phone with "Weiiii", the European style. So, I asked if I have reached the right room number, and I got the answer as yes. I just hang it up then. It is interesting to speak English this way. I guess that Weimin went to Nanjing already.

July 11th, 2008, Friday
Arthur didn't want to go to school this morning. After we get to the school, he suddenly cried since he didn't bring a car with him. He asked for his car toy and doesn't want to walk at all. I tried my best. With his swim towel and shoes in my hand, I can't do much. I finally lost my patience and slap on his butt, and pull his ear. He cried for daddy.

After we get to his classroom, I asked that teacher for a car to give to Arthur. Lida is not there today, and the other teacher is very mean, insist that he can't get a car until go to bathroom and eat the snack. Finally she went to brought some cars, which are in a plastic can, and said that he can't get a car until he finish his snack. Now I know why Arthur always bring his car to school. It is because he can't play with cars at his free will. Cars are his favorite toys, and he doesn't play anything else!

I feel very guilty for not spoil him. The society is crude and if we can't get comfort from our parents, how cold it will be! I will keep cars in my car and in his cabinet so he can play anytime.

July 11th, Saturday

I took both kids to the Zoo in the morning. Arthur saw tiger, bear, hippo, chipanzee, goat, flamingo, allegator and others. Benjamin played at the playground with Huang. Everyone got so tired and we all took a nap after we came back. After they wake up, I did some shopping and cooked the Beijing Noodle for Arthur. He doesn't like it. I took both of them to the pool. Arthur was a hero for tring to save his brother while he rolled around. When both of them were in the bathtub, I prepared the watermelon for them. Arthur saw a movie at night.

I can't help admiring their life!

July 12th, Sunday
Both kids went to the park in the morning. I did very little exercise there. After they took a nap, I took Arthur to Trader Joe's since he bugges Benjamin every the other minutes. Both of them went to the pool after sunset. I feel Benjamin is a littlt bit hot but not quite sure. He got fever at night and threw up at night. I have to wash everything on my bed. It was a tough night as while. Lukily I was wake up by Arthur on Monday morning and send him to the school. He took a green car with him and put it in his pocket with so much love. I am also luck enough to catch the 8:10 bus.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Kicked his nanny twice! Hmmn, I see Arthur is still a handful. I can remember Robert hitting me with a wooden toy rifle across my back because I turned the TV off. It was his bedtime, I had told him I would be turning off the TV when his show ended, but that didn't seem to help him at all. Mario took Robert upstairs (none too gently, either, as I remember it) and made him sit on his bed for hitting his mother.

The struggles getting a preschooler off in the morning bring back memories, too. It seems that Arthur got the message, though. If he wants a car, *he* has to remember to take it with him. Life is not too cruel for Arthur. You can't always get what you want, even when you are only 3 years old.